The Omani Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) announced on Monday that it would lift the travel ban on fully vaccinated passengers from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and 18 other countries that were on the red list.
The other red-listed countries are Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Ethiopia, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Malaysia, Nigeria, the Philippines, Singapore, Sudan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, the United Kingdom and Vietnam.
The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) issued a circular to travelers arriving in the Sultanate and to all airlines operating in the Sultanate, in which the following decision was made:
The list of countries from which entry into the territory of the Sultanate is prohibited has been completed.
All Omani citizens, Omani residents, Omani visa holders, those who do not need a visa to travel to Oman, and those who can obtain a visa on arrival can enter the country under the pre-COVID system.
Guidelines For Passengers Traveling To Oman
As of September, 1st, 2021, the following guidelines shall be implemented;
- The list of countries from which arrivals are prohibited from entering the territory of the Sultanate has been terminated.
- Omani citizens, residents with valid residency permits, and travelers with valid visas are allowed to enter the Sultanate without prior approval.
- All travelers coming to the Sultanate are required to present a medical certificate with a QR Code of taking two doses or the first dose of COVID-19 locally approved vaccines. The second dose is to be taken 14 days before the scheduled time for arriving at the Sultanate( MOH shall post and update the list of locally approved vaccines).
- All travelers (Omani citizens & Foreign) coming to the Sultanate on long international flights (with a period of no less than 8 hours) with a pre-travel negative PCR test (within 96 hours) are exempt from quarantine as well as travelers on shorter flights with a negative COVI D-19 PCR test.
- All travelers coming to the Sultanate on long international flights (with a period of no less than 8 hours) with a pre-travel negative PCR test (within 96 hours) are exempt from quarantine as well as travelers on shorter flights with a negative COVID-19 PCR test (within 72 hours)
- All travelers coming to the Sultanate (including diplomats)without a pre-travel PCR test are required to:
- Take a PCR test upon their arrival at the airport.
- Wear a Tarrasud+ bracelet and adhere to quarantine until a negative PCR test result is detected.
- If the result is positive,10 days quarantine is required.
- All travelers coming to the Sultanate before their arrival are required to:
- Register at Tarassud+ and print the COVID-19 vaccine certificate and PCR test certificate, both certificates must include QR Code. If not printed, charges will be applied upon arrival via Tarrassud+.
- Travelers below 18 and passengers with medically confirmed health conditions that prevent them from taking the vaccination are exempt from presenting the COVID-19 vaccine certificate and PCR test certificate.
This decision will be effective in the Sultanate from 12:00 noon on Wednesday, 1st of September 2021, except that Omani citizens and their families who departed the Sultanate before the issuance of this circular are exempted from the vaccine requirement for a maximum of two ( 2 ) months from the issuance of this circular.