The Ministry of Health on Monday issued a SOPs for vaccination of people who need to travel abroad for education, employment & India’s contingent for the Tokyo Olympics.
As per the latest SOP issued by the Health Ministry, Cowin certificates must be linked to the Passport of such travelers and they will have to mention the vaccine-type as ‘Covishield’ will be sufficient.
“No other qualifying entries required in vaccination certificates, mention of vaccine-type as ‘Covishield’ is sufficient,” Ministry of Health.
The ministry has also written to states/UTs to facilitate vaccination of people who have taken Covishield’s 1st dose and will travel abroad for education, employment, or as part of India’s contingent for the Tokyo Olympics, but whose planned travel dates fall before completion of 84 days.
These facilities will be available to those who need to undertake international travel for these specified purposes in the period up to August 31, 2021.
This special dispensation will be available to —
- Students who have to undertake foreign travel for the purposes of education.
- Persons who have to take up jobs in foreign countries
- Athletes, Sportspersons, and accompanying staff of Indian contingent attending International Olympic Games be held in Tokyo.
States/UT governments shall designate a competent authority in each district for according permission for such administration of the second dose of Covishield.
The competent authority shall check the following before according permission for the administration of the second dose before the period of 84 days after the date of the first dose —
- Whether a period of 28 days has elapsed after the date of the first dose.
- Genuineness of the purpose of travel based on documents related to —
- Admission Offers or associated formal communications for the of education.
- Whether a person is already studying a foreign educational institution and has to return to that institution for continuing their education.
- Interview calls for a job or offers letters for taking up employment.
- Nomination to participate in the Tokyo Olympic Games.
Passport Details On Vaccination Certificate
The Centre in its SOP advised that vaccination may be availed as ID documents as per the current guidelines so that the passport number is printed in the Certificate.
If Passport was not used at the time of administration of the first dose, the details of the photo ID Card used for vaccination will be printed in the vaccination certificate and mention of the Passport in the vaccination certificate is not to be insisted upon.
Wherever necessary, the competent authority may issue another certificate linking the vaccination certificate with the passport number of the beneficiary, it said.
The Centre said the mention of the vaccine type as “Covishield” is sufficient and no other qualifying entries are required in the vaccination certificates.
The CoWIN system will soon provide the facility for the administration of the second dose in such exceptional cases, it added.